Welcome! To read each post in full, click on the post title.

This is not legal advice, which can only be given by an attorney admitted to practice law in your jurisdiction after hearing all of the facts and circumstances in a particular case.

Friday, June 30, 2006

HRC releases "State of the Workplace" Report

I found internet access at the local McDonald's, of all places. Imagine me here with the locals. Where's my camera? I have learned that I can't live without internet access, anyway. Well, back to business.

The Human Rights Campaign Foundation's release of the "The State of the Workplace 2005-2006" report shows that 81 Fortune 500 companies include gender identity and/or expression, marking a tenfold increase from 2001. (See page 9) The report also shows that, while 40% of Fortune 50 companies have such policies, only 9% of the Fortune 1000 have them. (Page 10) Cities and counties that prohibit discrimination based on gender identity are listed on page 16.

No comments: