Welcome! To read each post in full, click on the post title.

This is not legal advice, which can only be given by an attorney admitted to practice law in your jurisdiction after hearing all of the facts and circumstances in a particular case.

Saturday, December 2, 2006

SHRM weighs in on DC regs

SHRM Online came out with an article December 1 on the DC regulations that I blogged about last week. SHRM called me for an interview, and here's my star quote: "'These regulations are “surprisingly comprehensive,' said Jillian Todd Weiss, assistant professor of law and society at Ramapo College of New Jersey, in a Nov. 27 phone interview." Although the writer then refers to the "eight" states that have laws, a phrasing I have seen over and over again, though as we know there are 7 with explicit statutes and 15 with law of some kind, she does a good job of setting out the basics for the millions of SHRM readers whose radar is just dimly beginning to register a blip.

I wrote a long post on this issue, but it looks like Blogger deleted half of it when I published, so this will have to do. Next time I'll write it in Word and save it first. Ouch :-(

No comments: