Thursday, June 30, 2011

Denied Gender Change at DMV: Government Workers Need More Education | SouthFloridaGayNews.com

Changing government ID can be very difficult, even when the law is in your favor, and government officials often feel free to give vent to prejudice.

Denied Gender Change at DMV: Government Workers Need More Education | SouthFloridaGayNews.com: "I returned to the Florida DMV to have my gender marker changed and after standing in line for 3 hours to my amazement I was denied. I was informed that only a supervisor could change the gender marker on my license and it seemed the supervisor was not at work that day.

I was flabbergasted because I had followed all of the instructions word for word yet I was turned away and refused."

She never did succeed in having her ID changed.