Welcome! To read each post in full, click on the post title.



This is not legal advice, which can only be given by an attorney admitted to practice law in your jurisdiction after hearing all of the facts and circumstances in a particular case.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ill. Trans Woman Wins Discrimination Suit

Ill. Trans Woman Wins Discrimination Suit | Law | The Advocate: In what may be the first award to a transgender person under the Illinois Human Rights Act, a taxi company has been ordered to pay more than $100,000 for discrimination against a transgender employee.

The discriminatory conduct here was particularly egregious, so the large award is not surprising.

3 comments:

Sara Lizzette said...

I applaud this woman and want to say good job standing your ground and congratulations. I only hope it will help bring awareness to those people out there who aren't willing to accept that not everyone is the same and that we should all be accepted for who we are without further discrimination and judgment.

Lanajane Norman said...

I'm a transgender. I feel like I can keep my job if I go with the flow and not make waves at work. I feel like I have to hide my breast in the mens locker room. Every body calls me sir, and I am very beautiful. People tease me to make me angry hopeing to get me fired. I am now looking for another job and holding on for another day.

Lanajane Norman said...

I'm a transgender. I feel like I can keep my job if I go with the flow and not make waves at work. I feel like I have to hide my breast in the mens locker room. Every body calls me sir, and I am very beautiful. People tease me to make me angry hopeing to get me fired. I am now looking for another job and holding on for another day.